Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Hubby's Favorite Mac & Cheese

This is to die for...according to my husband. Many of my friends have probably tasted this since it's my fall back on dish any time there is a pot luck or event I need to bring food to. Since this is my most requested recipe and it tastes excellent with the BBQ chicken recipe I thought I would go ahead and share this one today.

Hubby's Favorite Mac & Cheese

8 oz         elbow macaroni
8oz          shredded cheddar cheese
12oz        small curd cottage cheese
8 oz         sour cream
1/4 c        grated parmesan
1/2 c        milk
               salt & pepper to taste
1 c           bread crumbs or crushed crackers
1/4 c        butter melted


Get Cooking
  1. Preheat oven to 350. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, add pasta, and cook until done; drain.
  2. In 9x13 inch baking dish (I usually use a deep casserole dish instead), stir together macaroni, shredded Cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, milk, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, mix together bread crumbs and melted butter. Sprinkle topping over macaroni mixture.
  3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until top is golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment