Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Logan's 1st Birthday Party

Logan celebrated his first birthday a while back... make that WAAAAY back... and I am just now getting around to posting stuff about it. Considering my husband lost his job and we moved to another state within a few shorts weeks after Logan's birthday, I am past feeling bad about it. I just hope I can remember some of the details I wanted to remember.

Since a 12 month old can't exactly specify what kind of a birthday party he wants, I picked for him. Logan really loves our dogs a lot and just about any other dog he sees around town, so I thought a dog party theme would be fun. I probably spent too much time and money but it was a blast for me and made for some great pictures.

Most of the things I bought were from the dollar store or on clearance and a few things I found around the house

             THE PARTY INVITATION

The front of his birthday party invitation
The back of his birthday invitation. Some details have been hidden for privacy.

And just for fun- some blooper pictures






                                         Hahaha! I love this photo!

 

 

 

Party Supplies

  I found cute fabric at Hobby Lobby and made a banner for the party table. Pretty much most of the party was centered around these colors and patterns.

I also put paw prints on the table cloth with brown paint. Wish I had gotten better pictures! I found some cute dog food bowls at the dollar store and put condiments in them for the hot dogs. Since Logan's birthday is close to Easter, I also found fake grass at Hobby Lobby and put the bowls on them. 

The outside of the chip bowls were wrapped in a dog food bag so that it looked like we were serving dog food.

Our menu: 
Hot Dogs
"Puptato" Salad
Fruit Kabobs  
Chips and Dip
Strawberry Limeade 

The Cake

 I think the cake was probably the coolest thing at the party. A large part has to do with the fact that a friend with AMAZING cake decorating talent made it instead of me. 

Barb is such a talented woman. She even made the black and white dog to look like one of our real dogs. Not only was the cake cute, but the cupcakes were soooo tasty. Yummm! Props to my mother and father-in-law who traveled all the way from South Carolina with the cake and got it here in ONE piece. Amazing.


"Happy Birthday dear Logan..."
He got a little shy with all the attention, but it made for one of my all time favorite photos of the two of us.

He didn't know what to do with the cake. It took a while and a lot of prompting from mom and dad to get him to try it.











But once he did, he loved it!!


He even wanted dad to try it

 Party Fun!

Logan got a red wagon for his birthday from his Granna and the kids got to go for rides in it. The weather was gorgeous (although surprising was a little chilly). 
  



Photo Booth

My talented husband cut out a cardboard dog house and we spray painted it to make a prop for our photo booth. We made clouds from poster board and hung up a sheet for a backdrop. I made puppy ears with headbands and felt.



Our family in 2012

 
Granna, Uncle Andrew, Me, Logan, Derek, Grampy and Grammy

All worn out from so much partying

Cuddling with my sleeping 1 year old

No comments:

Post a Comment